THIS POSITION IS OPEN ONLY TO EMPLOYEES OF THE MANITOBA CIVIL SERVICE.
SX3 Scientist 3
Epidemiology and Surveillance/Public Health and Primary Health Care
Advertisement Number: 28298
Salary(s): SX3 $75,804.00 – $101,185.00 per year
Closing Date: March 11, 2014
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Two (2) positions are available to be filled through this competition.
The Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit of Manitoba Health supports the public health system by monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the occurrence, spread, and severity of communicable and non-communicable diseases and conditions in Manitoba. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team.
- PhD in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Statistics or Social Sciences. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Significant work experience at the senior level in epidemiology.
- Experience in overseeing a public health surveillance system(s).
- Experience conducting public health research, or scientific research in: chronic disease, communicable disease and/or population health, and applying population-level methodologies.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with various stakeholders and collaborators.
- Significant project management experience.
- Experience with PC-based statistical database and spreadsheet software such as SAS, STATA, Access or Excel.
- Superior critical thinking skills.
- Experience conducting program evaluation in areas such as chronic disease, communicable disease and/or population health.
- Experience providing leadership in a team environment.
- Ability to relate public health and/or medical information clearly and concisely for non-technical audiences.
Condition of Employment: must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
As a senior epidemiologist, this position provides strategic leadership and functions as a provincial lead in one or more fields or subject matter providing expert interpretation of complex data sets and epidemiological research. The work includes but is not limited to complex analysis such as multivariate and causal analysis and hypothesis testing to determine contributing factors and trends. As part of the epidemiology team, the Epidemiologist is accountable for developing and implementing the scientific methodology for the assessment and analysis of epidemiological data and information; for the in-depth analysis of the results of reports, studies, and special projects; and for knowledge transfer through the dissemination of information.
Advertisement # 28298
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3J7
When applying to this advertisement, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line of your email.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Click on link below to Apply Online :